Learning Channel Program provided by Insights Leadership.
“Emotional intelligence isn’t a luxury you can dispense with in tough times. It’s a basic tool that, deployed with finesse, is key to professional success.” – Harvard Business Review
Our ability to deal effectively with our emotions in the work place is critical to our success as Leaders and Managers. Emotional Intelligence is a critical skill set in dealing in the business world whether it is with your employees, vendors or customers. Our fast paced and volatile environment requires Emotional Intelligence strategies in addition to your business strategies to increase our ability to successfully manage the constant challenges from customers and our business associates.
Using an EQ Assessment, group discussions and skill building exercises we will be building our Emotional awareness and learning how to apply to our workplaces in this two-day course which will provide you with the opportunity to identify your own challenges in maintaining positive environments and collaborative relationships as well as overcoming resistance and negativity. Participants will explore tools, techniques, skills and perceptions to perform your role and manage your emotions.
Goals and Learning for our Day Together
- The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities that promote trust, motivation, and commitment to results
- An understanding of the importance of using Emotional Intelligence
- The ability to create an environment for productive work relationships
- A model to guide your responses to difficult and challenging situations
- The ability to self-motivate while managing your emotional triggers
- Team communication skills for running effective meetings, decision-making, and creative problem-solving
- One-on-one communication skills for constructive feedback and conflict management
- The opportunity to practice applying tools and skills through individual and group exercises
- The confidence to deal with resistance and negativity
- How to recognize and understand the five competencies for building Emotional Intelligence
- Self-motivation and job satisfaction as factors that contribute to high performance
- Practical tools and skills for communicating effectively, assertively, and collaboratively
- Influencing and partnering skills
- Communication approaches and skills for developing relationships and ownership for successful outcomes and follow through
- Skills for conflict management and dealing with difficult situations
- How to choose perceptions and behaviors that will lead to positive outcomes
Register for more information on upcoming events.